Today Natalie went to school and had a meeting with her teacher for about 15 minutes and tomorrow she officially starts school. I have mixed feelings about her going to school. I think that I would only feel happy about her being able to be a big girl and going to school, if it weren't for the fact that Kindergarten is ALL day. I think that that is just too long to be gone when you are only five turning six. I know that now the kids are reading already, but still they are kids. Let them be children for as long as possible. Plus I went to half day kindergarten and turned out alright, right?
Another thing that made me grumpy was the fact that I have to pay for milk for her milk break. I'm serious they have a milk break. I guess that if you are from Iowa you would have a corn break, from Idaho a potato break and from New Mexico a tortilla/salsa break. Seems kinda silly to me. I know that it is to help the state with it's milk selling. I like supporting my local dairy's. I guess what makes me upset is I want to be able to choose how to spend my money. I know I'm just griping, and if everyone was drinking milk Natalie would want to drink along with them so of course I'm going to pay the monthly milk break free, but wouldn't it be nice if I had a choice or better yet pack her own snack? what happened to that? What about the gushers or the crackers that you can smear on the fake cheese with the small red stick of plastic? The kind of snacks everyone else had but you? I have been waiting for the day when I, the cool mom, could buy a fun treat and my daughter would think I was the best ever!! Ok! So maybe I wanted to have an excuss to buy them and not feel guilty. Something I could sneak and eat after the kids had gone to bed. Alas, my goals in life have been shattered!!!
6 comments:
to this day those gross crackers and twinkies and those chocolate cupcakes always look so good. Such a deprived childhood! :) funny how the twinkies never taste quite as good as I think they will!
I always tried to find loose change to purchase goodies at school. It continues today!!!
I miss you too! And milk... it does a body good. I hope Natalie enjoys her time at school. Its better to deprived now to make life more interesting later than to have nothing to look forward to as an adult! Think of how boring it would have been without something like twinkies to dream about? Ah.. the sweet dreams of youth. Where have the gone? And where is the adult in my life to make me turn of the light, stop reading, and go to sleep? Sssheehsss... a dragon sigh.
First days are hard. Zoe is in second grade and I still hate for her to be gone all day. Hang in there!
Tag! Your it. Go to my blog for rules.
Kennedy came home last year with a whole schpiel (sp?) about osteoporosis and calcium and stuff that she had heard from her teacher because I wouldn't send money for milk break. "You drink plenty of milk at home! If she's so concerned about it let HER buy you milk!" I know, very mature. But I'm with you. There are enough fees related to school without that added to it. What are our taxes paying for, anyway? Book fees? Shouldn't that be part of the whole school package? Or am I a child of entitlement? I say chalk and slate for all and back to oral recitation and memorization.
Post a Comment