Our middle child had a birthday this month. We let her invite a few friends from church and I think that she had a great time. Look at her huge grin! And yes, do notice how clean the house is.
When I asked her what she wanted to do for her Birthday Party she said that she wanted to go fishing.
My first thought was, "Don't you want a Princess party?" But then I thought better of myself. Hello! Her party not mine and why make it more difficult for myself.
And then, why not?
I have great memories of fishing at carnivals; getting those rings that are really stamps, that never really work...
We filled a plastic tub with cheap candy and toys. Taped them with paper clips and the kids took turns fishing. Very simple, and yet satisfying those party needs.
My daughters pink fish cake. It was her idea not mine. I think that this is what triggered the fishing idea.
I added the "caviar" to the fish because I thought it would be easier for the kiddo's to eat. They were supposed to be baby fish. It worked out just fine thank you very much.
I know, right, brilliant and soo cute. Googly eyes make all the difference.
Happy Birthday to my cute Banana child.
10 comments:
What a cute party! I'm sure that she had a wonderful time, and all the kids told their teachers the next day that they went fishing and got a stamp ring that doesn't work. Good job with the cake!
Happy Birthday Hannah! I love your idea with the fishy cupcakes and your decorations are adorable. Who needs a Chucky Cheese birthday party when you have Bethanie, the birthday planner, at the "helm"!
It looks like Hannah had an awesome birthday, thanks to her Favorite Mother. I love the fish and the fishing pond. I bet that was a big hit.
I like fishing
Awww! That's so sweet! And I love your fish cake! We've only done family parties so far, but that looks like so much fun and not too much stress.
great fish!!!
Beautiful cake, cute decorations, fun game, happy daughter--sounds like the very best of birthdays! Obviously a top notch Mom to pull it all off.
Such a great birthday idea i love it.
How did she have that idea? Cute kid. I like the little kids because they usulaly don't have a lot of preconceived notions, but you did a bang up job!
I wish I was as talented in the whole backing scheme of things! Very cute!
Post a Comment