Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Manly man B-Day/ Father's Day

This year the manly man's birthday was the same day as Father's day. That sure made things easy for me. Just one day and I was covered for the year! I feel a little bit guilt because if my birthday fell on Mother's day- it would have to be the biggest bash ever! Seriously.But I was such a good D.G. that I made him two pies. The pecan pie was for his Birthday and the strawberry rhubarb was for Father's Day. And yes, they do look beautiful don't they. Thanks for mentioning it. For dinner I made shrimp kabobs with mango, purple onions, portabello mushroom and red bell peppers with a butter, garlic sauce . Yumm! Ok, not really for me. I did eat my two shrimp and now I am done for the year. But I enjoyed everything else.

6 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Those pies are beautiful! Bonus points for you!

Emily Nice said...

wow all the food looks very pretty! did the pies taste good? thats even more important. Needless to say I'm very impressed with your skills!

Smart Helm said...

My goodness u must be an AWESOME wife. Those pies are georgeous!

Especially to cook shrimp 4 him. Yuck.

Neita and Nate said...

I have my quota of shrimp(1) on Christmas Eve. I'll let you cook me a pie anytime!

Unknown said...

Pies look great! I have a resolution to someday overcome my fear of pie crust-I still use the frozen pillsbury ones. I have a lot of fears associated with baking though, and I am slowly overcoming them one at a time-right now I am focusing on bread (yeah, it's going to take awhile). You don't like shrimp? And none of your family does? Wow, you are seriously missing out. Do you have a seafood aversion?

txparkinsons said...

D.G.?

i love the pies! i love rhubarb!

i miss you!