I had leftover fruit (and whatever category rhubarb is in) that needed to be used up, but not enough to make something big enough for us all to eat. I decided to make a post about my brilliant idea because hey, it was a great idea!
Rhubarb, strawberry and blueberry cobbler. Doesn't that just look per-tee!
Instead of making a quick sticky cake-like topping, I made a biscuit topping for two reasons: first because I think it tastes better and second because if I was going to post about my great idea I had to use only the best.
I was working really fast, because for me, the brilliant ideas come when it is almost past the time for being able to pull it off. Like the night before your big project is due and you are able to pull it off because of your "creativity/brilliant idea" and the teacher has no idea that just a few hours ago your mom was frustrated with you for waiting until the last moment and the tears were hiding behind your long dark lashes. At least they would have been if I had dark long lashes.... Or how you can say something in your last paragraph that somehow (thank the stars) gets you the A. Well, that didn't happen this time.
In my hurry I dumped the nutmeg into what was left of dinner. I then had to scrape it out of the chicken, black bean and green chile sauce.
8 comments:
I can really, really relate to this flash a brilliance blog. Why do these ideas always come at the last minute??? and then because we are so stressed we make mistakes and ruin (or almost ruin, good save!) our masterpieces. GRRRRR! But your cobbler does look beautiful!
Wish I had a thumb like yours...
I like Amy's comment alot. I always have great ideas LONG after the time to impliment is past. I am way impressed with ur cobbler and the ease with which you made it.... essentually :-). Very jealous of the fact that u HAD rubarb in the first place.
GO amazing Bethanie!
lucky you that the brilliance comes before its due. I think I am more like noz. After the talk, After the presentation, After the lesson.
Amy doesn't appreciate the wonderful taste of rhubarb. Good thing I do!
very nice thumb! Your cobbler looks reallly good. I think you should come visit me and then cook it for me. I have some rhubarb in my garden!
Mmmmm... looks and sounds delicious. I'm impressed that those were your leftover fruits. Usually my left over fruit is a brown banana or wrinkled, mushy apple.
I have to agree with you about the biscuit topping. It never is true cobbler to me without it!
Good save! I'm jealous of your rhubarb, I haven't had rhubarb in the longest time! Maybe I can go to the farmer's market and get some... One time my mom was making ham fried rice for dinner and she accidentally put vanilla in instead of soy sauce (she was on the phone) and then when we got home we all thought that she was baking cookies, but were dismayed to find out that she wasn't, it was just dinner. Then she tried to hide her mistake and that didn't work out very well. And then we were all really disgusted eating it, but of course my dad still said that it was great...
gorgeous!
Yum!
Post a Comment