Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Applebutter

Last week I decided to make apple butter. I doubled the recipe so that I could can some, just for fun. (Nacho) The apple butter was really easy to make. The only problem is the name. It didn't call for butter at all. It's more like apples cooked for a VERY long time with some spices.

Here are my great helpers that helped me make the apples-cooked-to-a-juicy (bloody didn't fit here)-pulp-with-no-butter-and-some-brown-spices: the apple machine (that's what the box said), my crock pot, child #2 and #3 (Some were more helpful then others, but those that were less helpful had more FUN).Here is all the apples and spices ready to cook all night and fill my house with the smells of delicious apples-cooked-to-a-juicy-pulp-with-no-butter-and-some-brown-spices. Here again are my two helpers eating the just finished apple butter on cornmeal biscuits. YUM!


Sometimes it is hard to be happy in the morning even though you're eating good things.

6 comments:

helmhq said...

mmmmmm good! What a fun Mommie you are and how fun for the rest of you too. I love apple butter, and isn't it almost healthy!

Montana at the Helm said...

I have never tried apple butter. I am not real big on it, but my hubby is so maybe I should try it. And I understand about your helpers not really being very helpful.

Neita and Nate said...

I've never made apple butter in a crock pot before...interesting idea! Good Job!

Smart Helm said...

I love that you made apple butter with all ur helpers. I'l glad the cooking it all night worked well. Now you can tell me how to do it since ur the expert!

Emily Nice said...

i love apple butter. I didn't know you could do it in the crock pot so maybe i'll try that. can you send me the recipe?

Way cute helpers! how do you make cornmeal biscuits? Is that from the cook's recipe?

Unknown said...

You have such cute little helpers-and I'm glad to know that it's called the Apple Machine, not the peeler, corer, slicer thingy. I love the decorations on your table in the background; we are not yet to the point where we can safely put decorations down low, but I think that it looks very festive!