Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Thursday, November 5, 2009

You can never have too much fun.

The other day while I was upstairs getting dinner ready it sounded like the kids were having too much fun down stairs. The hubby had just gotten home from work and I sent him down stairs to investigate. As soon as he got home he called me down.
"Oh great." I moaned leaving the kitchen.
I envisioned great epic toy battles or cathedral sized art on my walls. As I neared the end of the stairway I braced myself for the next Apocalypse ( which, by the way, seems to happen a lot in our home.) But what I wasn't expecting was a whole lot of water...
and a necked little boy.
With help from his sisters (where are they, by the way?) he was talking a bath in the blue plastic toy bin. The first words out of his quivering blue lips, "Mommy, I'm cold."


6 comments:

Andrea said...

I love that you said an "uh oh" when you heard Jim call you downstairs. I do the same thing! Precious moments...

Emily Nice said...

maybe you should set up some monitoring cameras. Yep you could have a whole control station and then when you see things occuring you could sound a buzzer or flash some lights or shock something.... ok maybe shock colars are a bad idea....

Anyways thats pretty funny. Did the girls think he was smelly or did he want to swim?

Neita and Nate said...

I have had alot of things happen...but none of them have come up with that! You have creative children.

Smart Helm said...

That's pretty funny! Why is it more fun to take a bath downstairs in the middle of the day in a blue tub with cold water than in a warm bathroom?

txparkinsons said...

it was cold, but he didn't get out ... loves water .. sounds like his mother!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I love that his big sisters were scheming with him. I guess it's a good thing that we don't have a basement, although if we did things would sure be much more peaceful around here.