Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Monday, March 15, 2010

In the wee hours of the night


The three of us spent last night in the bathroom; me, blanket and book. The only thing worse then feeling ill alone in the bathroom is having someone there when you "up". I want to be left alone when I'm sick. I even turn on the fan just to make sure no one can hear a thing and come to bother me.
I was quickly arriving to the point where I needed to set the book down, turn on the fan and open the toilet lid. I think that I might have "upped" if the man child had not cried out at that exact moment. I went into his room ( in the hunched-over-slightly- inebriated manor ready to bolt back if things turned ugly), thinking that maybe, mother and son were about to share the same upheaval fate.
Nah, he just needed a drink of water.
Seriously??
Are you SERIOUS! How hard is it to get out of your bed and get a drink of water? Isn't that the whole reason why we have YOUR very own cup WITH YOUR NAME ON IT in the bathroom? Well, at least he stopped me from decorating the toilet bowl.
It’s amazing what the mommy instinct can overcome.

5 comments:

Smart Helm said...

I'm sorry u are so ill! What happened? U were fine on Friday.

At least he stopped you from ruining ur teeth :-)

Emily Nice said...

icky. no like stomach issues.

hope you feel better soon!

ps glad you are posting again :)

Helm 9 of 10 said...

aw sadness! I hope you'll feel better soon!

But I did like the story :)

Sorensen said...

Hope you feel better!

Unknown said...

wv; parbode ... hmmmm ...