Jim can no longer call reality TV garbage.
Yesterday at about 12:40 pm Jim called from the store to let me know that the producer of a popular reality TV show (Jim told me not to tell to much in case I get into trouble- and people say I worry too much) called to ask if they could film one of the star's daughter taking a violin lesson. And guess who is the teacher of the said daughter?
The star is not the one who brings his daughter to the violin lesson-it's usually the mother, who does not want to be on camera. I can understand why. It is hard to act normal or to get things done when there is a bunch of people staring at you and this huge camera with its huge glossy black eye recording every move you make and a long black rod with a piece of slightly greasy looking gray shag wrapped around the end picking up every sound you make.
The producer and the film crew are very friendly, but they also have a job to do. So they say their hello's, smile, ask a few questions, tell you what you ARE going to do and then get down to business.
I don't think I am visible in any of the shots, I'm not the star (they don't know what they are missing) but I am teaching in the back ground telling her what to play, fixing posture and trying to get a decent sound out of a 1/8th sized violin. Hard to do- just ask Angela. She hasn't been playing long and I'm trying to find ways to make practicing the violin fun.
The best part of this whole thing?
Jim can no longer say negative things if I want to watch some reality TV cause I was in it.
Call my agent if you can see I'm a diamond in the ruff.
7 comments:
That is awesome! I'm so glad you blogged about it.. now we all know you are famous :) So apparently Emily skyped with you and so she knew first... I was on all Sunday night waiting. Just FYI..
Holy guacamole! That is awesome! Well, you are the favorite...
the unsung hero, the violin teacher ... or is it the unseen hero?
LOVES!!
Cool! You'll have to let us know when it airs.
pretty exciting! Maybe the kid will practice more now... probably not.
Let me know when it airs! I would like to see it, I'm still waiting on my 15 min. of fame...
We always knew you were a star! Maybe we will all gain a little notoriety because of our famous family member?
I think string teachers deserve a lot of praise and honor for what they have to put up with. (Maybe mothers who listen to practicing deserve some too)
Post a Comment