I'm trying not to worry about all the things I have missed posting about but I do want to try to get the summer activities in before Fall is here.
The truth is I have come to realize that each post is a journal entry. The other day I caught the kids all huddled around the computer laughing. Natalie had gone onto my blog and the kids were slowly going black in time reading each posts. The kiddos have remembered family stories that we haven't talked about in a while and the kids get to quote themselves and each other.
It was an eye opener for me and it scared me to death. Oh dear! I really need to make sure I have someway of saving all this.
Back to the summer outings...
For spring break we first went north to the Hill Cumorah, the Smith Farm, printing shop, then we drove to the Falls.
I really enjoyed the Print shop! There were three stories to visit and to protect the original building the church just built the new larger building over the top. There is a building within a building.
It was so foggy that we couldn't see a thing!!
I had forgotten that NY had received a TON of snow this winter. Most of the walkways were still buried in snow. The snow left looked like glaciers.
The outer Banks. AWESOME
Stopped at the temple on our way home.
It has been a good summer and I'm sorry to see it go.
Goodbye carefree life,
Goodbye sun.
Goodbye hot dog bun
Goodnight house
goodnight mouse...
goodnight kittens
goodnight mittens...
goodnight mush
goodnight old lady whispering hush...
Sorry guys! I wrote those first two goodbyes and it reminded me of a story I have read over and over to the kids.
3 comments:
Love to hear of the Dietrich doing! All those trips sound fun....would love to have been a fly on the wall.
Great pictures. I read this when you posted it but forgot to comment... Luv u!
Good night moon.
ok, we are definitely going to have to come north, even if we have to run away to do it.
love you!
Post a Comment