Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Going for a walks and Cart-wheels

As a family we love going out for walks. I feel like a real parent now because both Natalie and Hannah are ridding their bikes out in front of us and Andrew is running around, sometimes holding my hand, other times racing the girls.

I should have a cute picture to add and I will, but the main reason I am writing is because on the last walk I went on I rolled down a hill with Andrew and did cart-wheel after cart-wheel. It made me so happy. I remember trying to do one after I had Natalie and couldn't. I pulled something and thought, there it goes, I'm damaged for life. Put what a pleasant surprise. Are bodies are amazing things; being able to recover from having children. My Mother once told me it takes two years after having a child to really feel back to normal and boy am I getting there. It feels wonderful!
I love cart-wheels!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Awesome! I don't think I was ever able to do a good cartwheel.

So do you think it will take six years for my body to recover? Just kidding. Though I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever recover.

Thanks for your comment on my blog about the fighting. I definitely want to try more things like that with Everett (make him think more about his own actions instead of lecturing). For the girls I'll probably try something like: "Did Maddie like it when you pushed her?" "Can you do something nice?"

I tend to try to control instead of persuade, and I'm working on changing that. I like being in control! I really appreciated the one conference talk about that subject.

Sorry this is so long! I love hearing from you. And you're a great mom!

Molly said...

Ha! I found you . Can't hide forever! I'm putting a link to you on my blog, by the way.