Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa

Sorry it has taken me so long to write-up a new blog.


We have been having a good time with Grandma and Grandpa who came from Pennsylvania to visit us.


We were blessed to have had great weather, which has wonderfully continued. It hasn't been hot and muggy. Or maybe I'm just getting used to humidity.


Here are a few highlights of the fun things we did.


Andrew in a car at the Children's Museum. The children (and even the adults) had a good time playing. At first the kids were so excited that they were alowed to touch everything and play with anything that was there, that they were running from room to room and object to object. It was fun to watch their excitement.
They had a funny car/wind thingy that Natalie loved to "fish" off of. Here she is holding up a fish she caught.
Hannah climbing in and out of a very large fish.
Grandpa pushing Natalie at the park. Natalie kept asking Grandpa for an underdog. He did oblige her. The things grand kids can milk out of their grandparents is just amazing to watch. By the way, where in the world did underdog come from? I mean what a funny name. It reminds me of the underminer from The Incredibles.
Andrew and Hannah climbing on the humpty-dumpty ladder. Andrew is amazing, he has absolutely no fear and he believes that he can do anything anyone else can. The problem is that he has a great sense of balance and can get himself into very "sticky" situations.

One funny thing that happened while we were at the park was while Jim was watching Hannah she stopped in the middle of her climbing and sat down with a quizzical look. Jim asked her what she was thinking about.

"I'm thinking about college." She said her face still very serious with contemplation. Then after a few moments she stood up and said. "I'm all done thinking."

I don't know why she was thinking about college, but I'm glad that one of my children is looking ahead and planning for the future. But I think I will grow worried if she starts thinking about marriage. Which reminds me...Natalie asked me when she could get married and I told her not until she was 28. She has a great memory and so when she is talking to Hannah she tells her that she can not get married until she is 28. "Right Mom?" She yells at me. "That's right." I confirm.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

so even natalie loves texas! (check out her shirt)
loves from texas!

Montana at the Helm said...

That is great that Jim's parents got to visit. How nice that the weather cooperated! We have definitely been enjoying the dryer cooler weather. So which college does Hannah want to go to!

Sorensen said...

Bethanie,
Your family is so darling. I am so happy that things are going well for you!

Smart Helm said...

I'm coming to see these cute kids! So excited.

Smart Helm said...

oh ya... and u and Jim too..