Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Friday, September 12, 2008

Man child's Birthday

Today the man child turned two. I can hardly believe that my baby is now two years old! He is such a happy guy and has a lot of energy. He adds a lot of excitment and joy to our family. I'm sure that manly man enjoys having someone on his side when it comes to watching Princess movies.
The girls were realy excited about the man child's birthday. They helped me shop for his presents and helped me decorate. They were more excited about His birthday than HE was.
The girls each gave him a matchbox car. I let them pick it out themselves and he couldn't open up their wrapped bags fast enought. He also got a new fuzzy blanket and a play hammer. But as you can see, he liked the cars the best.
For His birthday cake I made him an alligator. It would have liked to make him a frog, but I couldn't figure out a shape without having to make a whole lot of different shapes. After I had the alligator all decked out I felt like I needed to name it. But I couldn't name it because then you have a hard time eating it.
The alligator on fire. I have grand plans for a dragon if ever a kid wants one. The man child had a hard time blowing the candles out. He just wanted to smell the cake!

10 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Wow!I can't believe he is two. Your cakes are always so cute and I have seen a few of yours. So doesn't that mean your birthday is soon? Jared probably knows.

Happy Birthday Andrew and Bethanie!!!

Emily Nice said...

that is so cute! Just like you! Do alligators speak dragon? Andrew is getting so big, and so are your girls! I miss you lots, and in case I forget on Sunday.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I have so many memories of the good times we have had together. I can't wait until our next sister's weekend.
tgmjony! or ynojmgt

Richie said...

Nice work, Bethy! I'm trying to be domestic too, but I now see I'm far behind! Love the cake!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birgthday dear Bethanie!
Happy Birthday to you!

and to Andrew too! (Sorry we missed his.) That is an awesome cake! So far I have only been creative with what goes on it--not the shape. You rock!

Mandy said...

I guess I wished you a Happy Birthday and a Happy Birgthday--whatever that is.

Smart Helm said...

I shore love your cake! That is so cute. And u've taught ur children right that giving is much more fun than recieving.. although that's fun too.
Luv u!
jsddaqk sdeko (happy birthday)

Helm 9 of 10 said...

Awesome Cake Bethanie! You did a great job... maybe i should have you make me a cake next year?

Unknown said...

Hello!
Your kids are very lucky to have a mom that takes the time to make such nice cakes for them. The alligator is very cool-you did a way good job. I never make Charley's cakes-Richard's mom always does it because she used to do it for a living. So I'm kind of a slacker. I hope that you had a happy birthday too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your family is huge and so fun and I haven't talked to you in forever! You guys are awesome. Happy Birthday to you, too, Bethanie! Thanks for the message. Check out our blog, too! It has pictures of my big belly w/ a baby! http://robnlil.wordpress.com
Much love,
Lil (and Rob and baby)

Richie said...

Happy Bday on Sunday! Hope it was a good one!