Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Corn and Tomatoes

We have been eating a lot of corn recently. Canned corn, frozen corn does not have a leg to stand on when it comes to fresh, sweet corn on the cob. The first time I cooked up five ears of corn thinking that the kids would only eat half of a cob but that wasn't enough and we all ended up wanting more. Natalie showing off her half eaten cob.
The next time we had corn on the cob for dinner I cooked up a dozen. I was worried that we would not be able to eat that much, but I was wrong-very wrong.
The only sound at the dinner table was the biting and chewing of the corn. I had cooked it just right and the kernels still crisp, yet soft burst with sweet juice. There was no fighting or bickering that night. It was wonderful! I think that we should have corn every night, just to help keep the noise down.
This is a small picture of the damage done to my cherry tomatoes. The man child turns my lazy Susan (I think that is what the cupboard that goes around and around is called?) and climbs up it to get onto the counter. Since I come into the kitchen when I hear the loud scraping of a moving chair he has learned to do something that is very stealthy. He had a great time smashing the cherry tomatoes. Pop, pop POP!!!

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Emily sent me home with some of the sweet corn from the stand by her house and I'm gonna have it for dinner... You just can't beat it straight off the cob!!
Way to feed teach ur children good eating skills!
He He.. Arga Arga Arga! (the rg is a growlly kinda sound... we dont have a letter for it in english)

Jared said...

you know, we do, kind of, miss the corn country.

Emily Nice said...

well, i don't really know what to do with cherry tomatoes either, so it sounds like Andrew put them to good use!

hkpofsj

Montana at the Helm said...

Gage loved corn on the cob too! But he will keep chewing on the cob instead of going to the parts with the corn still on it. Funny kid!