Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hubby's New Ping Pong Table

For Christmas my hubby’s parents gave us a Ping Pong table.

Ever since we have been married my husband has wanted one.

At first it was easy to say no because we clearly did not have room for one.

And being the always consistent Domestic Goddess, I understandably made an exception and

was even willing to move to a bigger place when baby number one arrived. Then came number

two…then three…job (shouldn’t this have been first?)…house.

Now that we are living in our own home, it was getting hard to tell my wonderful husband that

other things should come first. (I mean, don’t we need new furniture so that the children have

something of quality to ruin? Let’s be realistic here, my children are young and I need to work

on my yelling skills before they turn into teenagers and the best way to experience this kind of

practicing is to lose something new and expensive.

Um, I mean I never yell at my children and I need to practice my un-yellingness

under tense circumstances.)

Well, now he has one.

Thanks Mom and Dad Dietrich!

XOXOXOXOXOXOOOOXXXXXOOOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX



I can not tell you how excited he is to have a Ping Pong table.

He has been watching Ping Pong tournaments on YouTube and getting really good.

He works on his form, his breathing and the occasional battle cry, but he’s only lacking in the actual playing part.

What a Manly hubby I have!

The other day the hubby man spent hours on Amazon finding himself the perfect

paddle (I think it will work nicely as a threatening bum beater).

Oh, was he excited! (Have I mentioned this enough yet?)

But when he used a gift card from his boss, it didn’t work.

was very upset and finally called Amazon to ask why the gift card wasn’t working.

It turns out that his boss (I’m not referring to me his wife here, although I am THE Boss.)

had already used the money in the gift card.

Snicker!

HA! HA! HA!

I thought it was hilarious, my poor husband doesn’t think so.

He’s completely crushed; all the light gone from his eyes, shoulders sagging, the whole thing.

(And you wondered where the children got it from?)

So, what should he do?

11 comments:

HappyStretchedThin said...

LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL LOL ROFL

You have the most hilarious way of describing the whole scene.

Now about the what should he do part: we have a rule in my house that all tool and cable expenditures are automatically approved. It doesn't matter how much it costs, the man simply MUST have his paddle. Splurge if need be.

txparkinsons said...

thank you ... you make me smile ... now i hope jim doesn't kick you!

Kristina P. said...

We used to have a ping pong table and it was awesome! My brother is really good.

Smart Helm said...

You are pretty funny, but I already told u that. U know u are the favorite cuz that's ur middle name.

Mm... what could I say that u don't already know? You are wonderful? no.. ur Amazing? Ur the boss? Oh well. I'll just have to go with the tried and true.

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE!!!

:-)

I'm sure it was an accident about THE BOSS using the gift card. ASK ASK ASK!!! But we all know he never will.

Poor Hubby.

Montana at the Helm said...

It's too bad Jared isn't there to enjoy Jim's long coveted gift! I too find it quite humorous that Jim was given a card that was already used. I just keep giggling and giggling. Of course if it happened to me I don't think I would be giggling. Sorry Jim!

Bethanie said...

Jenny,

If hubby man were to kick me, it would be biting the hand. You NEVER bite the hand.
Ps. I will not take questions asking if the hand biting has occured or continues to occure...

Emily Nice said...

umm even if he had a paddle, or even two.... don't you kind of need someone else to play with? Never heard of solitare ping-pong (or would it just be ping?) !

he he he :) (laughing at myself as you already know you are funny)

If needs be I could pitch in for some paddles, even if they aren't top of the line ones (I was going to say balls, but that sounded too silly even for me).

Unknown said...

Oh, poor Jim! I would be totally crushed too, and of course would never say anything... Even though I'm sure that it was an accident. I love reading your blog-it always makes me feel better when I'm having a hard day. Why oh why did I ever buy my husband golf clubs? I hope that you don't ever become a ping pong widow...

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

I'm trying not to giggle, because that actually must have been frustrating. Here here to getting hubbys their long lost treasure. My hubbys was a huge TV we just bought.

The Blonde Duck said...

That's so sad! How tacky to give a used gift card!

helmhq said...

Sometimes life is hard. Hope a good paddle is found and the table brings lots of good times. What a good gift.