Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Monday, March 9, 2009

Maybe WI isn't so bad.

I start complaining a lot about where I live around this time of year. I hate to admit, but I really am a jealous Domestic Goddess. While others are beginning to enjoy spring, here I am in the cold still waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

Don't cry for me yet, because in two weeks I will be taking a trip to Vegas. Bring on the sunshine!!

I also begin to feel sorry for myself in the bleak weather because my families (I say families because there are several!) * live so far away. Now that Jared and Amy have moved to Montana the closest family is 12 hours away in PA and Christmas break will never be long enough.

But these last couple of Sundays on my way to or from church, I have been able to see a bald eagle; their white heads standing out against the grays of the wintering trees. Those are pretty big birds by the way. Bigger than the turkey that almost hit the car in front of us. What it was doing trying to fly I have no idea. Silly turkey, trying to be a bird of prey!

"Awesome!" I say as we drive past. I settle back into the firm car seat and smile. "Maybe Wisconsin isn't so bad."



* movie quote

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, I'm taking a trip to Vegas in about 2 weeks! Bring on the sun~

Bethanie said...

I'll look for you and your snuggie!

Smart Helm said...

I know I know!! Pride and Prejudice... Mr Collins talking about Lady De Burg's staircases..

Man I'm good.

I'm so excited for you guys to come! And we will try and go outside as much as possible, although the casino's want u to stay inside. HA, we'll do what we want.

Smart Helm said...

PS.. did u draw that? :-)

Bethanie said...

Of course i did. Copy and pasted it myself.

Emily Nice said...

Ummm firm seats? is it cause they are cold? my bum gets tight when i'm cold.

ps its snowing lots today so no planting for me :(d

helmhq said...

We have snow too. It was so spring like a couple of days ago. Remember the Frost poem where A chill comes in and "you're two moths back in the middle of March"... I think from Two Tramps at Mudtime. (did you mark your bird list!)

Montana at the Helm said...

Springs not here either! It's teased us a bit, but it cold again. You will have to get a sunburn in Vegas so you will be warm when you go back to Wisconsin! he he!

Neita and Nate said...

I wish I could say it's spring here and make you all jealous, but this morning it is about 30 degrees. Though this weekend it is suppose to be in the 50's. Just as long as it's nice the last week in March-spring break! Hang in there everyone!

Unknown said...

So you can be jealous of me since I am enjoying nice weather right now. However in July I will be jealous of you when it is blazing hot and there is no end in sight. I think that I would rather have a really long cold winter than a really long hot summer.

txparkinsons said...

it was warmer in dallas the last 3 days than in vegas .... alas ... now it is rainy and cold.

yeah! i'm going to vegas!

Smart Helm said...

I agree with Stacey... At least with the long winter u have an excuse for being grouchy and sitting on the couch dinking hot chocolate wrapped in a blanket and watching TV...

Just sayin.