Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sisters Weekend

I must have had a blast during my trip to Vegas with the girls because it has taken me this long to recover. I can't seem to get enough sleep. Blah! but since when does a mother ever? (Please don't answer this question because I really don't want to know unless it is oh, once you turn 28. )

Melanie, as a joke or not-I'm still not sure- did send me an email with all the left over photos that she didn't use in her blog. There was a reason she didn't use them and I don't know why she thought that things might be different between them and me....it was a nice thought.

I don't know why I didn't bring my camera. Maybe it was subconsciously figured that I usually forget to pull out the camera and use it in the first place so I had best claim defeat right out and not bring the darn thing that might take up room in my purse that I can use for snacks, sunglasses and chap stick. You know, important things like that.

There were two life-changing discoveries that I made on this trip.

1. If you have a good book to read it sure makes the plane ride a whole lot faster. That or maybe not having to sit next to men acting as if they have already won something even before they have arrived. mmm, maybe that is just men in general...
2. Not only is it hard to leave fun and return to dirty laundry and diapers and then a few days later the kiddos having the flu, but it makes it even harder when you leave sunshine and come to mushy ground and gray dark skies. Blah again!

Chin up, cuz if I'm good (and I am the one who gets to decide) I can go again!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Your trip to Vegas sounds a bit less chatoic than mine!

Emily Nice said...

YAY for sisters weekend. If you don't want left over pictures, you can use any of mine, or the ones melanie used too (I have a copy of hers just let me know). It was fun! Didn't you sleep on Monday while Melanie was gone. That should've made up for some of it, unless I kept you up all night. Sorry about that. Either way I guess you still have to make up for the last 7 years or so.... You so deserve sisters weekend everyday so I'm not concerned about you missing next year. And, the sun will come out... maybe not tomorrow but maybe the day after that (remember when you had your annie hair cut? You were cute! Oh and you are still cute)

wv: outylyt (my lights are going out soon as its past my bedtime, either that or something about a belly button)

Smart Helm said...

I'm glad u updated... I was trying to be helpful with the pictures :-)...

And like Emily said, u coulda stole some from me. U know what I would do? Link to both our blogs for people to go get the update. That's what Emily did last time we were together.. she just linked 2 mine.

I'm sorry ur kids r ill! CHIN UP!

helmhq said...

We don't have pictures or a blog, so your way ahead of Dad and I. Not that I want something else to feel guilty about not doing. Wasn't it fun though!! It was cold and snowy here too. I just took all those warm weather clothes and put them away until spring gets here. Not even much sun in a usually sunny place.

WV- mizabla Just how I'm feeling today!