I’m lying to my two-year old; a boy who can not even tell a lie. WHAT kind of a sick mom am I?
My man child has really sensitive skin so even before he can make a BM I smother his bum in A&D. Desitin is too white and I feel horrible wiping his whole bum in it. I don’t know how anything can be better then grease, but a mother does what she can.
Anyways, now that he is used to having a greasy bum, (How could you ever get used to something like that anyways?) he throws a fit when I don’t. When I don’t feel like greasing him up but don’t want him to throw a fit, I take the tube from his chubby outstretched hand and fake it.
Yep, it’s true. I take a single finger, pat his cute little cheek twice like an indulgent drummer and call it good.
It works every time.
My man child has really sensitive skin so even before he can make a BM I smother his bum in A&D. Desitin is too white and I feel horrible wiping his whole bum in it. I don’t know how anything can be better then grease, but a mother does what she can.
Anyways, now that he is used to having a greasy bum, (How could you ever get used to something like that anyways?) he throws a fit when I don’t. When I don’t feel like greasing him up but don’t want him to throw a fit, I take the tube from his chubby outstretched hand and fake it.

Yep, it’s true. I take a single finger, pat his cute little cheek twice like an indulgent drummer and call it good.
It works every time.
4 comments:
U are so funny...
Poor kid. Sensitive skin is a pain.
and my children all lie to me .... hmmm
wv= isessane .... think about it ....
So I'm a little worried about Brodi getting adjusted to things too much too. Because of his skin problems I have to rub medication all over his body twice a day. He seems to be getting pretty used to it, and I can just imagine his future wife cursing me when he's 29 and claiming that he has to have a full body massage before he can sleep every night. How funny, I wouldn't feel guilty though-I've done similar things-your really just being practical.
I love it! This would be called a mommy sanity technique.
Post a Comment