
I know that usually one does not write up prayers that are said, but I am not a “one.”
For family prayer it was Andrew’s (the youngest and two years old) turn.
“Dear Heavenly Father,
mumble, mumble, more words we did not understand…. GUN… mumble… mumble… SHOOT.”
Dad interjects and tried to steer the prayer in a less violent direction, “say, thank you for…”
“NO, MY TURN. Mumble, mumble, FIGHT.”
Dad trying again. “Thank you for Mommy.”
“I DO IT! MY TURN!. Mumble-words only known to Andrew- SHOOT THE GUN… mumble, mumble…
Dad trying to end the pray, “Say amen.”
“NO, I DO IT! FIGHT THE BAD GUYS!”
And where was I, the mother of said child? Laughing silently, or not so silently, into my shoulder. Who said prayers are boring?
Not it our home!
For family prayer it was Andrew’s (the youngest and two years old) turn.
“Dear Heavenly Father,
mumble, mumble, more words we did not understand…. GUN… mumble… mumble… SHOOT.”
Dad interjects and tried to steer the prayer in a less violent direction, “say, thank you for…”
“NO, MY TURN. Mumble, mumble, FIGHT.”
Dad trying again. “Thank you for Mommy.”
“I DO IT! MY TURN!. Mumble-words only known to Andrew- SHOOT THE GUN… mumble, mumble…
Dad trying to end the pray, “Say amen.”
“NO, I DO IT! FIGHT THE BAD GUYS!”
And where was I, the mother of said child? Laughing silently, or not so silently, into my shoulder. Who said prayers are boring?
Not it our home!
5 comments:
It's important to tell Heavenly Father what you really feel. Andrew just has it down better than the rest. He may have been telling Him a good story, and I'm sure Heavenly Father understands. However it is hard to hold a straight face!
So what good guy, bad guys movies have you been watching lately? They obviously made a big impact on Andrew! That prayer definitely creates uncontrollable giggles!
I felt inspired. Tell Andrew his Uncle felt his message.
Hey now, I need a picture of ANDREW's Hands. I think u should step up ur blogging skill and lets get some pictures of those cute kids!
I really liked the prayer... One wonders where he learned it!
hee hee.
That's will be a fun story to share with him when he gets older-boys are so funny!
Post a Comment