Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Thankful, but glad it's over

PA has brought me a lot of new experiences. I've been on TV, played with the Pittsburgh heritage society where they had me dress up in costume and play baroque style of music. I also got the chance to play a solo in front of hundreds of people. I played a musical number with my Mother In Law in stake conference. I was so nervous, but I was able to control my nerves much better than I thought I would. With the changing of my medication, I have not been my usual self and I was afraid that I just wouldn't be able to play. It makes me so mad when my bow "bounces" because I am shaking so hard! I was so thankful that this didn't happen. My knees were trembling and my hands were shaking, but my bow did not bounce and as I played my trembling slowed down and I was able to play stronger.By the end of the song I felt like I was in control of myself and able to express my testimony through the music. Which was all I wanted to do. But I am glad that it is over and hopefully I will not have to play a solo again for a long time.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I know what you mean! I don't have a problem with bow bouncing, but maybe a dry mouth or a shaky tone. I'm so glad you did it and that you were blessed to be able to be steady. I just wish I could be there to see and hear you play. I am always surprised when people say that they couldn't see or hear me shaking after something like that.

Smart Helm said...

I know you did great and I'm so glad you posted about it. Its very kind of you to share your talents with other. Best of luck with the drugs! :)

Montana at the Helm said...

Way to go Bethanie! I love that feeling of "Yes!!! I did it!!" and I survived.