Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The electrical fence

I just had to write a quick little post about something that happened yesterday. Funny how I haven't posted about birthdays or the wonderful things the kids have done in school... maybe it just seemed like work?

Anyways, we took a walk around around the Hartwood mansion and stopped to walk through the flower garden. It was surrounded by an electric fence to keep out the deer. In this part of Pennsylvania the deer are like hug rodents that eat everything. In my opinion there needs to be a little more hunting, but I've regressed. 

Andrew really, REALLY wanted to touch the electrical fence. He wanted to know what it felt like. I tried to tell him what it felt like, but it is hard to describe. He asked it it hurt. "No not really. " I told him. "It doesn't hurt like a shot, but it is uncomfortable like how it feels just after the needle is in your skin."

He still wanted to touch it. 

So I let him.

Then Natalie wanted to touch it. "Fine. Any one who wants to can touch the electrical fence."

 They didn't enjoy it except for Hannah who couldn't feel it. Then she did and laughed. "It feels like a tickle" she laughed and kept her hand on it as she walked down the flower bed road. Hannah has always had a high tolerance for pain. At least Jim and I have always thought so, but now we have proof of that or Hannah has a serious issue of being the bravest.

Whatever is the reason why, we all think Hannah is seriously awesome!

4 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Hannah is definitely so awesome! That just cracks me up. You definitely have proof now!

Smart Helm said...

I'm so glad you posted this! Now it is forever recorded... great job Hannah? :)

Mandy said...

I thought it was kind of awesome that my girls liked to find and play with worms. I don't know if any of them would have wanted to touch the fence.

Helm Headquarters said...

I thought I had commented on this post, but, either I just thought I did or it was when our computer wasn't properly sending things out! What a fun storie to be a part of your families history.