Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Talk


"Mom, will you put my talk on your blog?"

I thought that it was a cute innocent question  Andrew asked before giving his talk but I was wrong, Oh! so very wrong.

Have you ever said something at church that you wish you hadn't? Or something that your filter missed and you realized that it might not be the best thing to say when the words are already halfway out? Afterwords your not sure whether to pretend you said something completely normal, turn red and apologize, or just run for it.

But this particular situation was new to me. 
My filter could do nothing,
 I couldn't run and I couldn't apologize.

I was sitting helplessly 13.44 feet away from my only son giving a talk in Primary.


I'm partly to blame because he was upset that he had to give a talk so soon and I made the comment that no one will remember what he says. So really you could say anything.

I showed you a picture of his talk just so you know that I didn't make this up. It's hard to read but this is what it says;

I gave a talk three weeks ago and no one remembers what I said. So it doesn't matter what I say. So you will remember this one.
So, blah, blah
Amen!

Honest to goodness he really did say blah, blah.

 The good news is that what he said was true. Next Sunday the bishop didn't pull me aside, no one told be how rude the talk was or how funny it was... nothing.

Note: If a child asked to put something on the blog before the act is preformed be nervous.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!

Smart Helm said...

SO happy you are blogging... you have no idea the joy I got out of this story. Definitely added to the family stories :)

Montana at the Helm said...

This is so...so...so...very...very...very...FUNNY!!!! (Don't tell Andrew I said that.)

Helm Headquarters said...

How in the world could you ever have gotten that trait in one of your kids??? Weren't you nearly perfect? What a kid!

Nate said...

Andrew is quickly becoming my favorite...