I slept in on Saturday.
The kids did not.
A lot can happen in those early morning hours. I think the minutes must be farther apart, because you can get more done in morning hours then you can in afternoon or evening hours. They really are not the same. And anybody who tells you the hours are the same is trying to sale you something.
Like a clock.
It wasn't a horrible mess and it didn't take long to clean up but I am always amazed at the things the kids come up with in the mornings.
When the girls were young you could wake up to some wonderful surprise. If I ever woke up and heard the kids up I always sprinted out of my bed to make sure there wasn't something big going on. The girls loved to take everything out of their closets and drawers and make a large pile in the middle of the room and bury themselves hoping I would have no idea where they were. Never worked, the poor dears...
Andrew has always been a little more focused on food the the girls. He would wake up hungry and if I wasn't fast enough he would take care of it. He also had a fetish for knifes. The bigger the better. The wonderful thing now is that if I sleep in Andrew brings me breakfast in bed. I've had toast, cereal, milk, water, tea, pickles, carrot sticks, salad, olives, sliced cheese. He's great!
This time it was Hannah who was up early and the weapon was scissors.
She made a "George Washington" wig for the tiger.
The only clean-up was all the little yarn fuzz and pieces all over the front room. Lots of little pieces... to get the hair length just right.
2 comments:
Hannah is very creative :)
Good thinking Hannah! Very creative. Fashion designer, hair dresser, toy designer, or more importantly an extremely creative mother, like hers.
Post a Comment