Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloween 2015

I have done things... things I told myself I would never do as a parent... and then I forgot/did them anyways.

Children have a way of messing up your parenting ideals because they are smart, very smart. They come out of the womb that way. As parents we do not have a text book or even a pamphlet on how best to raise each particular child. My mother often said that she would be more then willing to go through labor just to get a "How To" book on each of her children. BUT somehow the child gets a book on how to make parenting a true learning lesson... mostly on patience.

I think that kids have a trump card, a magical power of sorts. I'm not talking about those chubby cheeks or the large tear fulled eyes (though those have some mighty sway) and the funny way a young child runs with their large heads and short chubby arms.

 I am talking about love. You know how in books they write about love at first sight? It's not the true form of love. In English love has a wide range of meaning. I love pizza and ice cream. I love sunsets on the beach. I love God.  I'm sure this attraction between two individuals is strong and you will go through great lengths to get to know each other but it is "true love"? No, but there is such a thing as love at fist sight.

I felt it each time I had a baby. One look... and that child was mine. I would move mountains, kill lions, spend the rest of my life caring and loving this person no matter what- even if that person wanted nothing to do with me.

Wait!!
What does love have to do with a Pagan Holiday?
I have no idea.


The point is I had to make Hannah's costume twice.

 She lost the jacket/shirt I had made so at the last minute I got my new black sweater and the glue gun. Not nearly as good, but done.

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

:) You are a wonderful mother!

Anonymous said...

Mommy, your awesome, and i love you, and I do not want to give my money everyday, all the time. Hannah's costume was awesome!

Helm Headquarters said...

Yup, Natty the Nifty has it right ...... You are awesome! I'm proud to be your mother. And......since Grandchildren are in class of their own, I'm so glad you are doing such an awesome job with 3 wonderful Grandchildren of mine.

Montana at the Helm said...

20 gold stars to you! Great job on the costumes!