Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Monday, October 26, 2015

Oh I wish I were a big ugly bird...

The kids did not have school on Columbus day. I don't know why it isn't one of those days that everyone gets off. I mean really, If it wasn't for Columbus I'd still have no idea what happened in 1492. Actually come to think of it I wish my mistakes were celebrated!

In honor of Columbus Day and his great flight across the ocean we went to the National Aviary.


Last year when Granddad was visiting the Aviary, he almost got nailed by a big ugly bird. The kids made up a song to go with the memorable occasion ( hence the title of the post).

Oh I wish I were a big ugly bird
Oh I wish I were a big ugly bird
I'd aim for your head
but hit the ground instead.
Oh I wish I were a big ugly bird

or

Oh I wish I were a very pretty bird
Oh I wish I were a very pretty bird
I'd fly above you
then hit you with my poo
Oh I wish I were a very pretty bird
 Andrew is standing under the famous bird.


The aviary has a new condor exhibit. Condors are really REALLY big birds.

 Sometimes Andrew gets sassy when I'm trying to take a picture. It reminds me of Jared. I think that's why Andrew keeps doing it because Uncle Jared is kinda cool.
 It was late morning and the condors were trying to get the warmth from the sun. It was totally cool. Their wings are HUGE. Way cool....

 They kids were well behaved ( like always right?) and we all had a good time

 Except for Hannah who didn't want her picture taken. Bad idea Hannah. Now I HAVE to take a ton of pictures of just you.

ps. Natalie broke her finger at school today. Second broken bone this year :(

2 comments:

Smart Helm said...

They are getting so big! Good job posting... now we need one with the Halloween costumes you worked so hard on :)

Helm Headquarters said...

That was a really fun place. I'm glad you all got to go again. Hope Natalie's finger heals quickly.