Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Melanie






While in Vegas Melanie bought my kiddos some new cool outfits and she wanted a few pictures. I have a bunch of funny pictures because Natalie was into "posing" and "modeling." She kept asking for a photo shoot.


It was a little windy and Hannah has very sensitive eyes so if you look closely she has tears in her eyes. Or for Melanie's benefit she is so happy with her new clothes that she is crying.


A funny story about Hannah. Because Hannah's eyes are so sensitive she does not like to see me put in my contacts. She covers her eyes and cries, "Oww! Oww! Stop Mommy STOP!!" So one time just to bug her I said, "Hey Hannah." And she looked over and I moved my contact with my finger and of course I got the wanted response. "Ahowwwaaa." Just a few of the perks to being a parent. Another one is being able to eat where ever in the house you want to, but I will save that for another day.
Also something to look at is Natalie's necklaces. She made the beaded one. Oh! This reminded me of something funny. I asked Natalie to make dinner and she told me that she couldn't make dinner. I then asked her, "What can you make?"
She thought for a while working her mouth. Then she said, "Hum, I can make letters, pictures and necklaces. Oh! And Waffles I think!"
That got her going and with Hannah's help they got down the flour and measuring cup. Natalie then pulled a big bowl out of the cupboard and and began counting cups of flour and dumping it in the bowl.
I was curious how this would turn out so I continued to watch as Natalie tried to be in control of the situation.
Natalie told Hannah that she could help, so they moved the whole project to the kitchen table to make it easier for the two of them. Natalie told Hannah to get the sugar, but Hannah was really excited about the eggs.
So Hannah ran to the frig and got the eggs and climbed up on her chair at the table. Natalie tried to direct Hannah into getting the sugar, but Hannah was focused on the eggs. Hannah picked up an egg out of the carton and Natalie told her that she is not old enough to crack the egg.
"I'm not going to crack the egg." Hannah said as she looked the egg over. "I'm just going to hold it." She lifted it up for Natalie to see and then......
She dropped it. They both froze in shock as the egg fell and splatted on the table. They looked up at me and when I did not respond, they proceeded to take care of the problem. Hannah first tried to pick up the egg and put it in the bowl.
"Not yet!" Natalie yelled shaking her measuring cup at Hannah.
So Hannah went to set the gluey mess down, but she knew that was not a good idea either and then the thought of "What does this taste like?" crossed her mind. Without further ado she tried a bit of it. This is when I stepped in and took care of the mess. Though I did have to clean it up, it was sure worth the entertainment.

1 comment:

Montana at the Helm said...

I love it! How funny to just watch and see what would happen! I would loved to have been there to watch.