Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Monday, April 20, 2009

Rapunzel

My children love it when I tell them fairytales. Rapunzel is their favorite. When I tell them the story, I make up a song that Rapunzel sang while waiting for her handsome prince to rescue her. ( She is very vain and sings about her long golden hair.) I mentioned once that Banana's long hair was like Rapunzel's. Banana took the complement to heart. She made up her own song with phrases like, “I’m Rapunzel. Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel … Rapunzel … Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel … Rapunzel…”
Ever since Banana cut off her own beautiful hair she now sings, “I’m the bad witch because I cut off Rapunzel’s hair. She has to wear boy clothes and a boy hat. Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel… Rapunzel…”

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Very catchy! I'm sure MIley Cyrus will be calling any minute now.

Smart Helm said...

I like Hannah... I think I'll keep her.

Do you really make her wear boys clothes?

Poor Andrew.

Chelsea said...

So is that the moral of the story: if a witch cuts off your hair, you have to dress like a boy? Ha ha ha!

Montana at the Helm said...

I love the way kids think. We are way to boring as adults!

Emily Nice said...

still waiting on pictures of the hair adventure..... and waiting..... and waiting.... patiently? or not so much.

helmhq said...

I see the making of a great song writer! How fun and at lest she's happy with herself. Wish we could hear her for ourselves.

Sorensen said...

It makes me sad to hear this song cause she sounds like she misses her hair. I'd love to see a picture!

Unknown said...

Thats funny... I love hearing stories about your kids.