Thou Shalt Have Fun...

Monday, March 26, 2012

No Kiss

I sent Jim to work with only a nice pat on the arm- no kiss, just a "what a good husband" pat.

The children try really hard not to wake me up in the night when they need something. They are old enough to understand that if mommy does not get enough sleep, they will only have oatmeal for breakfast.

Last night Hannah came into our room and went to wake up Jim. Jim is not as easy to wake up as Mommy, so it took a lot more coaxing to make him coherent. I believe that Hannah meant to pat him on the cheek to alert him to her presence but instead put one or maybe two fingers in his mouth.

"Daddy."
"Ugg."
"Daddy!"
"Ugggggg."
"Daddy I'm sick."
"Hannah?"
"Daddy I'm sick and have diarrhea'as."
"What?! Ah! Did you wash your hands?"

..."No."




9 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Ick. But funny story!

Emily Nice said...

wow. i feel a little sick myself. :)

Montana at the Helm said...

I laughed then felt grossed out, then laughed and felt grossed out and then laughed some more. I love the way you put things. Cracks me up!

Sorensen said...

Ahh! The joys of parenting!

Mandy said...

LOL. It's always an adventure!

WARNERS said...

Ewwwww! But Classic!

helmhq said...

My Mom always said you have kids to keep you humble, but maybe they help you with other things too!

Unknown said...

That has to be one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. Classic.

Molly said...

I'm trying to get in touch with you to see if we can meet up in Yellowstone this summer. No cancellations this time. We will be there July 9th. Email me. Call me. Send me a letter.